Well, I wasn't kidding when I said that if you aren't facing hardships now, you will be soon. Although I was facing some hardships, I didn't see what was coming next. I recently found out that I'm pregnant. Now, I'm not saying that children aren't a blessing. In fact, I know very well that they are; I've been close to a few couples who have found it difficult to conceive. I know what joy a little baby can bring. But, I also know what commitment and responsibility little-ones also require, and this is what scares me.
My husband and I are both unemployed (or will be soon). We don't own or even rent our own place, and we've never actually lived together. My husband is in the military, and I have been going to school. So now my life has completely changed. This is exciting and (when looked at with the right attitude) really fun. I'm moving across the country where I will be with my husband but not my family, and I am looking for some type of employment to pay of debt before the baby comes, which is difficult because I haven't moved yet.
I'm in a state of utter inactivity: in between plan and chaos. But I've been diligent in my discipline and positive attitude. I'm going to do well with all of this some how or another.
If God only gives us what we can handle, then he must have a lot of faith in me and what I can handle. I thank God everyday for allowing me to believe in him, while he believes in me. I will learn from this experience, and some day, I know I will look back on this scary new and uncertain time, and I will miss it terribly because it's the scary and unknown that helps us define who we are and why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment